This policy describes what personal information we collect and how we use it (both online and offline).
The Information We CollectThe Foundation collects information when you visit our website, submit an application or other documents, create an account when applicable, edit your account information, or use features on the platform to donate to the Foundation. Some of this information is technical information automatically logged by our servers. Outlined below are the types of information, both directly from you and indirectly through the collection of information by third-party service providers (together, “Partners”) that we specifically collect. You authorize us to use, store and otherwise process any personal information which relates to and identifies you or others with whom you are acting on behalf of, including (but not limited to) your name and address, to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through our website, our Partners, successors, assignees, associates, sub-contractors, or other third parties.
1. Personal Information ("Personal Information")
Examples of different purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Use of areas of The Foundation website, in which you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself (or others with whom you are acting on behalf of) during the application process, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, username and password, falling under the registration process for Registered Users, or in situations where you may submit Personal Information to us offline (“Registration Process”);
- Contact you regarding your donation(s), as to the quality of the service, as well as any potential errors that may have occurred;
- Voluntary submissions to The Foundation requesting information about our products and services, signing up to receive information from us, or sending us an e-mail;
- E-mail subscriptions. The Foundation may also compile a subscription list to which you voluntarily submit your name, mailing address, and/or email address. The purpose of such a subscription list would be to send you periodic updates to subscribers on matters of interest, provided you will have the ability to opt out of further communications in accordance with procedures described in each such update.
2. Non-Personal/Other Information
In addition to the Personal Information, we and our Partners may collect additional information that does not personally identify you (“Other Information”). Other Information may include information collected:
- From Your Activity. Information that we or our Partners may automatically collect when you visit, access, and/or use the Platform, including, but not limited to your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, which sections of The Foundation or Partner website you visit, number of links you click while on the Platform, search terms, operating system, general geographic location, and technical information about your mobile device.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”). The Foundation assumes no responsibility for responding to “Do Not Track” web browser signals. Consult external website polices regarding their responses to DNT signals.
PartnersPartners include, but are not limited to:
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
Search Engines and Other SitesSearch engines and other sites not affiliated with The Foundation, such as archive.org or google.com, may crawl the Site and make available to the public publicly-available content and postings from the site. The Site may also contain links to other websites. The Foundation is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. The Foundation encourages its visitors and users to be aware of such search engines and other sites when they leave the Site and to read the privacy statement of each website they visit.
How We Use and Share the InformationWe use Personal Information and Other Information to provide you Services, process your donations, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services, personalize communications and fundraising appeals that we believe will be of interest to you, and to improve our Services to you.
We may also use and/or share Personal Information, Other Information, and User Content as described below:
- We may share Personal Information and Other Information with volunteers or employees of The Foundation, and its parent company Guaranteed Rate, Inc. and its related affiliates (e.g. Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC, Guaranteed Rate Insurance Company, etc.) or other companies under common control with us when evaluating Personal Information or Other Information submitted through the Registration Process.
- With your consent, we may display your likeness or other pictures, stories, Personal or Other Information on the Platform as a testimonial or recipient story.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand visitors to our site and our products and services, we may analyze Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify individuals personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Personal Information and Other Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law or with your consent, we may also disclose the Personal Information and the Other Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Foundation, you, or third-parties.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication PreferencesUpon request, The Foundation will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Information that we and our agents hold about them. For example, visitors to the Platform who have provided Personal Information to us may review and/or make changes to the same by contacting The Foundation. In addition, individuals may manage their receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any The Foundation marketing e-mail or by following the instructions found on the Platform. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect the InformationWe take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail
California ResidentsIt is The Foundation’s policy not to disclose any personal information we collect to third parties for direct marketing purposes under any circumstances. However, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires that all California residents be afforded the option to exercise your choice of whether your personal information may be shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or not, as well as to receive information specified in the statute if your personal information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, if you are a California resident and you wish to inform The Foundation whether you permit or refuse the sharing of your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, or if you wish to request certain information if your personal information were to be disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- postal mail to: Privacy Administrator, Guaranteed Rate Foundation, 1800 W. Larchmont Ave., Suite 2, Chicago, IL 60613